Why volunteering with SIKAT?
We are always on the lookout for willing and resourceful people to join our numbers…
Sikat is an organisation entirely run by volunteers, one of the reasons you might take in to account if considering to support our work.
All the funds raised are entirely spent on the projects, each £1 is spent 100% in the Philippines, and there are no wages or administrative fees. So far, personal funds and donations have been our own source of income.
However there is so much to do, that we will really appreciate your help and assistance to make a huge difference to children’s lives. We only ask you to donate some of your time.
Besides the personal satisfaction volunteering will bring you, it is also:
- A tool for personal development, one that enhances employability and opens up a range of new opportunities.
- A way to access new contacts, networks and experiences.
- A valuable source of work experience and references for those seeking employment.
- An opportunity to build your confidence, whilst improving your mental and physical health.
Through SIKAT’s work, youngsters in rural and deprived areas are able to continue their studies and pursuit their academic ambitions aiming for a better livelihood.
Can you help us in our quest to assist them?
Definitely, we would like to hear from you! Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you help?
As a grassroots organisation, SIKAT, We particularly need help.
- Trustees position
- Pro Bono Lawyers
- Create a series of films and video
- Grant Making Trust writing application
- Fundraisers and fundraising ideas
- Designing a professional Business Plan
- Writing skills who could write SIKAT profile professionally
- Newsletters, compose leaflet content
- Fundraising emails, update website
- Start up SIKAT Magazine Gazette
- Social networking sites, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia
- Internet fundraising websites such as “Just Giving”
- Press releases, posters, door-drops and composing information leaflets for fundraising events
- Knowledge in Partnership issues
- Tracking and monitoring projects and Project reporting
- Charity consultant with knowledge of international charities
- Do you know any shipping companies who are willing to help us with the shipment of donated books and equipment to the Philippines?